Who knew that a pizza company responsible for the slogan “it’s not delivery, it’s DiGiorno” would take the entire internet by storm by delivering some of the best social-media entertainment of the night? Tonight, a frozen pizza and “The Sound of Music Live” came together, and created something that was beyond amazing. (Actually, it made certain parts of the presentation a million times better.)
With this being said, we are now going to dive into presenting our own personal top 10 of the greatest things said on Twitter by DiGiorno Pizza tonight on their account. Whoever runs this deserves a massive raise, and stat. Also, we think a ton of people are going to buy pizza if NBC ever does a live musical event again.
10. “Dough, Ray, Me = Pizza party with me and a guy named Ray. #TheSoundOfMusicLive”
9. “I don’t think those mountains are real you guys #TheSoundOfMusicLive”
8. “#TheSoundOfMusicLive Can’t believe pizza isn’t one of her favorite things smh.”
7. “YOU ARE 16, GOING ON 17 AND I’M ASSUMING YOU’D LIKE PIZZA FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY DINNERRRRRRR #BuyDiGiorno #TheSoundOfMusicLive”
6. “hey guys, next time you’re scared of a storm make a few pizzas instead of waking up the whole house yodeling #TheSoundOfMusicLive”
5. “GO HOME COUNTESS, YOU’RE SO AWKWARD #TheSoundOfMusicLive”
4. “YO ROLPH, I HAVEN’T SEEN AN OUTFIT THAT UGLY SINCE NEVER #ShortAndTie #DiGiorNOYOUDIDNT #TheSoundOfMusicLive”
3. “SO LONG, FAREWELL, THE PIZZA’S GONE NO REASON TO BE HERE ANYMORE #TheSoundOfMusicLive”
2. “MARIA IS THE CRUST HOLDING IT ALL TOGETHER, WHY CAN’T YOU SEE THAT MAX #TheSoundOfMusicLive”
1. “HOW DO YOU SOLVE A PROBLEM LIKE MARIA? GIVE HER PIZZA FOR GOODNESS SAKES #TheSoundOfMusicLive”
By the end of the show, DiGiorno was trending in a variety of different cities around the world … and also Canada, which was surprising given that the pizza goes by a different name in the country. Of course, now that they have lit the way for other companies to create brilliant marketing online, we’re sure that they are going to be off hiring some young tech-savvy folk to fill their own timeline will clever puns.
In the end, we just have to cap this by saying that DiGiorno should have just dropped the mic at the end, and this is the best promotion they’ve ever seen since Ian Terry tried to use their pizza to awkwardly end a fight on “Big Brother 14.” Well done.