Don’t you love it when your reality shows start to crossover in the most unexpected ways? We would have never imagined a collaboration between a “Survivor” contestant and a recent winner of “The Voice,” but that is at least what we have in some ways with one of the tracks off of Danielle Bradbery’s upcoming and self-titled debut album. This disc is set to drop on Monday, November 25, which is just a couple of days before Black Friday and the crazy holiday shopping season.
Given that Danielle is a teenager and there was not much time to put this album together, you shouldn’t be too surprised that she does not have a writing credit on any of the songs. With that being said, there is more than one that has an interesting tie to something else either in music or television.
1. “Young in America” – “Survivor: South Pacific’s” Whitney Duncan co-wrote this song, and she even released it as the title of an EP a couple of years ago. Whitney was also previously on “Nashville Star.”
2. “Wild Boy” – This song was previously recorded by Maggie Sajak, another blonde country-pop singer.
3. “The Heart of Dixie” – The lead single, and ironically one that is going to be featured on “Hart of Dixie.”
4. “I Will Never Forget You”
5. “Endless Summer” – There’s no detail here, but doesn’t this song seem perfect for the sort of artist Danielle needs to be just based on title alone?
6. “Talk About Love”
7. “Never Like This”
8. “Daughter of a Workin’ Man”
9. “Dance Hall” – We’ve heard Danielle do this song in some YouTube videos from past shows.
10. “Yellin’ From the Rooftop” – This is a song that has a connection to the show “Nashville,” and the Juliette character.
What do you think about this track list, and are you excited to pick up Danielle’s album when it comes out? Be sure to share below! Meanwhile, click here if you’re curious to take a look at our review of last night’s episode of “The Voice.”
Photo: Big Machine Records