Is there a more anticipated series right now than “Better Call Saul“? If there is we’d be hard-pressed to name it. While there has not be a single minute of footage filmed for the “Breaking Bad” spin-off yet, there are still so many people talking about it that you would think it was coming out tomorrow.
So what we wanted to do this weekend is give fans a go-to place, rather than you having to sift through dozens of articles all about the show, to see everything important that has been revealed about the show right now. The bigger questions regarding production times and airdates have still not been unveiled, but our personal belief is that AMC would want to keep it around the same air time as they did with “Breaking Bad”, as they already have “The Walking Dead” for fall and for the later part of winter.
1. It will still be filmed in Albuquerque – Vince Gilligan recently confirmed this glorious news, which is great for that city’s local economy. New Mexico has made a killing in tourism thanks to “Breaking Bad,” as more people visit to check out the locations from their favorite scenes. It’s scenic, and a great move for all parties involved.
2. It will be a prequel – Unless someone is blatantly lying, this makes sense. Saul Goodman in the future, after all, is in Nebraska with a new life.
3. The format will be the same – Despite the idea of making it into a half-hour comedy, Gilligan and Peter Gould (who will actually be the showrunner) are keeping it an hour long.
4. The series almost was picked up elsewhere – Everyone from FX to Netflix was ready to snatch this show, but negotiations worked out at the last second for it to stay at AMC. Of course, the irony here is that “Breaking Bad” could have been on FX in the first place, had that network not passed.
5. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul could make cameos – For now, it is not being ruled out. By most considerations, you really have to include almost anyone from “Breaking Bad” on this list. They can be at the restaurant in the background ordering some of GUs Fring’s chicken.
Once there is some more news available about the show and when it could possibly air, have no fear: We’ll have all sorts of updates for you on the site. For now, just be sure to share what you want to see on the series below!