Another week, and another batch of “Dancing with the Stars” rankings, but, we do admittedly write this one with a little bit of sadness, as we have already said goodbye to our beloved Bill Nye the science guy.
New to the rankings? Then know that some of what we are judging this on is a familiar combination: Performance quality, perceived support, and the edit that they each have had on the show. The latter in particular is a reason why we have one person placed so high on the list.
10. Valerie Harper and Tristan MacManus (last week: 9) – Valerie has had a heck of a run on this show: She’s been an inspiration, been funny at times, and elegant as others. But the reality here is that she is the worst dancer left, and like with Bill Nye, it’s best to go out gracefully now than overstay her welcome.
9. Bill Engvall and Emma Slater (10) – Bill may be getting more votes than we realized earlier this season, and while he is a much better dancer than we thought he would be, neither he nor Emma have made much of a move to challenge the top of the leaderboard. In a season that is so competitive, you really have push to move away from the bottom of this list.
8. Elizabeth Berkley and Val Chmerkovskiy (8) – Maybe we are completely wrong and she lasts until around week seven or eight, but we think that she is vulnerable this week in that she performed very well, unfortunately so did many others. She and the next name are both possibilities to get lost in the shuffle a little bit. It happens to one or two good dancers every season.
7. Leah Remini and Tony Dovolani (6) – It’s the same story for Leah. She’s not going to win this competition, and she will be lucky to last another four or five weeks. Any episode that has her in the middle of the pack at this point is one where she’s in trouble. Also, let’s hope for less crying over Scientology.
6. Jack Osbourne and Cheryl Burke (2) – The biggest fall of the week after a surprisingly poor performance on the show. Jack probably still has the “we’ll bail you out” vote since this was his only off number, but if it happens once, it could happen again. It also doesn’t help him that the other guys left are most likely a good bit more athletic than he is.
5. Christina Milian and Mark Ballas (5) – The biggest thing that Christina has going for her is Mark, and that she is a good dancer, but she was kept “in jeopardy” until the very end of the show. Also, how many fans out there does she really have voting for her this season? There is something that tells us that if she wants to make it all the way to the end of the season, she will need something along the lines of a ton of big performances.
4. Snooki and Sasha Farber (7) – Snooki is all over the place this season; she started strong, slipped last week, and is now strong again. She also has probably the most mysterious fan base of the bunch, given that we know she was popular with young viewers at a particular point in time; but, has that time now passed, especially since she is trying to make viewers forget about what made her famous to begin with?
3. Brant Daugherty and Peta Murgatroyd (4) – Brant was also saved until close to the end of the show, but there are two huge factors that help him out in order to survive another week: He had the top score on the show last week, and he also had that crazy / super shocking story about him getting robbed at gunpoint. That alone is a major touch of support, even if it came via unfortunate circumstances.
2. Corbin Bleu and Karina Smirnoff (2) – Corbin has a huge amount of dance ability and charisma, and that is going to carry him deep into this competition. Whether or not he wins is more dependent on a few other things, including if he gets support from the fans every week, and if he does anymore “Wildcats” chants. That stuff is gold.
1. Amber Riley and Derek Hough (1) – She had a bad week, but we will still let our jaw hit the floor the moment that she is eliminated from this season. We said early on that she was our pick to win, and there is no reason at all to change that right now based on the following that both she and Derek have.
Who is your favorite right now? Sound off in the comment box below! Meanwhile, click here if you are interested in seeing some more news all about the world of “Dancing with the Stars.”