If you have been waiting patiently for some footage to come out of the upcoming “All My Children” and “One Life to Live” footage, you’re definitely not alone. We don’t know if there have ever been two series designed solely for the internet to draw this much advance buzz, and the good news is that the wait is almost over. In just under two weeks, the soap operas are going to officially be revived on both Hulu as well as iTunes, where they will release 30-minute episodes daily. It’s not as long of a story as you would typically receive on television, but it’s hopefully still just as substantial.
Based on the first previews below of both shows, it’s easy to make a handy list of some of the familiar things that we should expect to see on both shows:
1. Mountains of drama.
2. Fighting between families.
3. Trips to the hospital.
4. Various people taking off their clothes, and some of the most ridiculous abs in human history.
5. Familiar faces, and romantic pairings that will get you hooked back onto the shows immediately.
6. Some new faces who still have connections to the people you know and love.
7. Overall, two shows that are still tonally very similar to what you had on ABC. TOLN is not looking to reinvent the wheel with these shows; instead, they are trying to just deliver soap fans with a product that they clearly love, as they have been watching them for decades.
These two shows are ultimately going to be a major test when it comes to the field of online content: if soaps can succeed strictly online despite having an older and more TV-reliant audience, then just about anything could end up making it work.
What do you think about these previews? If you want to receive some more news when it comes to refreshers for both shows, be sure to visit the story over at the link here.