In case you missed the first part of our rankings for “The Voice” featuring the members of Team Adam Levine on Friday, we are going to be documenting daily some of the top contenders from each coach’s group on the show leading up to Monday night’s live performance show. It’s a bit of a different format once we reach the top 12 this year, as there is no longer a guarantee that one singer on each team will make it to the finale. However, the coaches will still decide which of the artists on their team they want to advance for at least one more week … which brings us to where we are now.
For Team Blake Shelton, we have an interesting mix of people. There is not necessarily someone we feel as strongly about like Trevin Hunte, but there are some creative artists on here that could be sleeper picks based on fan followings.
5. Michaela Paige – If you are judging these contestants based surely on the edit alone, then Michaela has be last. Even though she has received some airtime during the season, she does not necessarily pop the same way as some of the other artists do, save for Liz Davis. The twist here? Liz is a country artist, and you know that Blake wants to keep at least one person from this genre of music around.
4. Julio Cesar Castillo – This is where things get tough. Julio has received a great deal of screen time, but we’re not sold on some of his recent performances. What sort of music is really right for him on this show? This is what we are still trying to figure out.
3. Liz Davis – If we were basing this one solely on memorability, Julio would have the edge over Liz. However, Blake is probably going to see something more here that he could work with as a country artist, and there’s a chance that he could get the country fans behind her for a few weeks.
2. Terry McDermott – So long as Terry makes it to the live shows, we see him doing really well with the voting public. He’s old-school, likable, and does a different sort of music in Euro rock than just about anyone else still around. Blake’s a smart guy, so he has to be aware of some of this well enough to keep him around.
1. Cassadee Pope – Just from the standpoint of popularity alone, Cassadee has to make it to the live shows for Team Blake. She’s already well-known in some circles thanks to her musical background, and could have a Tony Lucca sort of support system behind her. Add to that the fact that she knows how to rock out on stage and entertain, and you have a perfect match for anything that Blake could be trying to do.
Who is your favorite artist on Blake’s team at the moment? Once again, you can check out our current rankings for Team Adam over at the link here.