We’re back with another edition of our ongoing Blue Bloods season 10 spotlight series, and this is one we’ve been very much excited for! Eddie Janko (Or Eddie Reagan, as she may be called moving forward) is a more integral part of the show than ever. She’s married to Jamie and part of the Reagan family! The wedding may not have been what many longtime fans of the series hoped to see, but it at least still happened and that puts Eddie in a fascinating new place.
So what is going to be coming up next? We have some key questions for you to think about in our brand new Blue Bloods video below; Remember to subscribe to CarterMatt on YouTube so you don’t miss out on any upcoming Blue Bloods discussion. We also have a show playlist with some other videos you may not have seen yet.
1. Does Eddie’s role at the precinct change? This is the #1 question many fans out there must have, largely because of the way that the writers kept shoving it down the road as far as possible. Jamie being her husband and her boss is complicated, and we wonder what sort of challenges that it could lead to her facing on the show moving forward.
2. What will Eddie want Jamie’s role in her professional life to be? Think about it in the form of an example — let’s say that some of Eddie’s colleagues are giving her a hard time and saying that she’s getting unfair treatment on the job. Is Eddie going to want to handle it herself? What does that conflict look like?
3. What are Eddie’s larger goals at the force? Where does her story eventually go? We don’t think that Blue Bloods just wants Eddie to be in the background of Jamie’s rise through the rest of the story and we think that there are interesting ways to focus on whatever she wants her future to be — whether it be a promotion or a more specialized position as a part of some task force.
4. What’s next for Eddie at home? Now that she and Jamie are married, it obviously goes without saying that there’s some juice in exploring how the new dynamics work and the normal growing pains of marriage. Will they want to move to a new place, get one of those dogs we saw last season, or eventually approach the idea of a family again? There is a lot for them to explore with these two.
5. How does Eddie’s relationship evolve with her new-found family? In addition to wanting to see Christine Ebersole back if possible as her mother Lena, we’re hoping that there are some opportunities to see and explore Eddie working with Danny, Erin, or Frank on some cases. Make some more friendships there! If nothing else, it livens up the on-set experience for the actors as they find new scene partners.
For some more Blue Bloods season 10 spotlight articles…
Check out the link here! That’s where you can see our spotlight last week that was all about Erin.
What do you want to see when it comes to Blue Bloods season 10? Be sure to share right away in the comments. (Photo: CBS.)