What are the best superhero shows of 2018? First and foremost, we suppose that we should just be happy that we’re in an era where there are so many. The past few years have led to a massive spike in comic-book adaptations, really to the point where it’s hard to watch every single one of them. (To think, superhero shows are just one subgenre here, given that there are some other great comic-book shows out there like Lucifer and The Walking Dead.)
Below, we’ve got a list of some of our favorites, which are mostly just chosen on the basis of what we overall enjoyed the most from the past twelve months. We didn’t really look so much as their legacy beforehand; it was more about some of what we appreciated in the moment.
Related Video – Check out the video version of this list at the bottom of this article! Also, be sure to subscribe to CarterMatt on YouTube for some other news.
5. The Flash – While the fifth season (and the end of season 4) were not necessarily the peak of this show’s powers, both represent a sizable improvement over a shaky series and brought a little bit of comedy back to a world that needs it. Also, following that big Reverse-Flash tease at the end of the finale we’re more excited than ever to see what season 5 brings moving forward.
4. Cloak & Dagger – One of the most fascinating, character-driven stories of the year, one that explored the psychological side of people also an understanding of dreams versus fears. While it did need more of a tangible villain, we appreciated the fact that this lesser-known comic adaptation did find a place to shine on the airwaves in 2018.
3. Gotham – The fourth season of the show is basically the Batman television show we’ve always wanted. While the first season perhaps tried a little bit too hard to be some sort of straight-laced crime show, this past season brought the series more into weird, wonderful territory with some supernatural elements and with characters closer to their comic-book selves.
2. Daredevil – Of course, it’s only appropriate that the best season by far for the Netflix series is the one that ends up being the end of the road. The series was canceled at the conclusion of this season, but this did bring you a gloriously-dark storyline, the return of Kingpin in a proper form, and also the perfect amount of redemption at the end.
1. Legends of Tomorrow – Comic books, for us, were a way to escape the rest of the world and dive into something that allowed you to run the emotional gamut. This show does that. Not only is it wonderfully imaginative and hilarious, but you do become so invested in this ragtag group of superheroes that it’s deeply sad when something terrible happens to them.
In your mind, what was the best superhero show of 2018? Be sure to share right now in the comments! (Photo: Netflix)