The Voice season 16 is going to be premiering on NBC this February, and while we don’t expect any changes, don’t you think it would make some sense to consider some? This is the focus of this very article, as we’ve come up with some handy suggestions as to what all of these contestants could be doing to make their winner odds a little bit stronger.
Related The Voice video – Be sure to check out some of these suggested changes in video form now below! Meanwhile, remember to subscribe to CarterMatt on YouTube for more and be sure to also check out our official show playlist.
1. More live shows – This is something that we’re always going to advocate for given that 1) the mass-elimination near the finale is terrible and 2) this is when you actually get to know the contestants in a real way.
2. Scale back on the Battle Rounds / Knockouts – This is the most-boring part of the competition, and it also feels (especially with the Battles) like there’s a lot of superfluous content that really could be cut if need be.
3. More of an emphasis on original songs – If The Voice is going to call their contestants “artists,” shouldn’t there be more opportunities for them to perform original songs? They are the ones who are really putting their careers on the line here and they should really be the ones who can make the decision as to what’s the best thing for their particular career.
4. More constructive criticism – The coaches have to be bored saying the same exact thing to contestants every season. So, why not encourage them to mix it up and offer real, constructive criticism to actually make some people a little bit better?
5. Alter the way in which contestants are placed during shows – It is somewhat-frustrating at times that some contestants end up getting the final spot of the night on multiple occasions, which automatically leads to claims of favoritism and that production likes one contestant over another. That’s never conducive to a good competition, mostly because it does make a lot of the results in the end feel a little more slanted. We think that it would be better if there was a little more parity from start to finish. That way, if a contestant who does end up getting the featured spot often wins, it spares them from having to hear constantly that their victory is somehow tainted.
What sort of changes would you make for The Voice season 16, if you were given an opportunity to do so? Share right now in the comments. (Photo: NBC.)