Gotham season 5 is set to premiere on Fox early next year, and as you wait around for new episodes to air, why not be fully prepared for what’s coming? That’s what this entire article is all about!
Below, you can take a look at five different things that you can expect to see over these final episodes, including some about heroes, some about villains, and hopefully just some general information that makes some out there excited. We’ve also got a new video below that dives into all of this further; for more, be sure to subscribe to CarterMatt on YouTube!
1. Batman is coming! – Or, it will be coming by the end of the series. The plan is for the series finale to include a time jump, one that will allow the Dark Knight to be fully included in some form alongside some of the most-famous villains that you’ve seen throughout the entire season. There are some other surprises that are coming within these final flash-forwards, but we don’t want to give too much away!
2. There will be twelve episodes – That is an improvement from the original plan for the final season, which was for there to be only ten. That offers up a good chance to explore these characters and their stories more as we get closer to the end of the line.
3. Bane will be appearing – Shane West is set to appear in a major way throughout the final season as Eduardo Dorrance, who will be the show’s version of the iconic Batman villain. This is an early version of Bane, so of course don’t expect the costume (or really anything else) to be fully-formed just yet. However, he will be breaking someone’s back (satisfying something big from the comics). In this case, though, the back will be that of Alfred rather than Bruce Wayne.
4. There will be plenty of Jeremiah – Former Shameless star Cameron Monaghan is going to be around for a significant chunk of the story as the show’s version of the Joker. He’s a more careful, calculated version of his brother Jerome and he’s certainly someone with the capacity to cause even more chaos. This entire story seems to be ripe with it at almost every single turn.
5. What’s going on with Jim Gordon? – Even though we haven’t spoken about him yet in this article, Jim will still be very much involved. Jaime Murray of Dexter and Once Upon a Time fame is going to be coming on board as Theresa Walker, who is the primary adversary for Jim this season. She’s got a dark past, but it’s not entirely clear as of yet if she is a run-of-the-mill criminal or someone who is actively a part of the GCPD with some major secret that will come out in due time.
What are you wanting to see as we move forward into Gotham season 5? Be sure to share in the attached comments! (Photo: Fox.)