Are you ready for The Blacklist season 5 episode 9 to arrive on NBC? You really should be. This episode, entitled “Ruin,” is one you’re absolutely going to watch live. Not only does it serve as the jumping-off point for the second half of the season, but it’s a fantastic showcase for Megan Boone as Elizabeth Keen tries to piece together her life.
Given that this is season 5, it’s only appropriate that CarterMatt present you with just as many reasons to be excited about this episode.
1. It features a slightly different sort of scenery – We will keep the particulars about the location a secret, but the photo above definitely suggests a different sort of aesthetic for Liz at some point during the episode.
2. A returning character of significance – Scottie Hargrave (Famke Janssen) is returning for this episode; that news was first announced weeks ago. Her return is notable, but the reason why is equally important and should probably be generating more discussion than it is.
3. Tom will be remembered – You know how there are some shows that choose to gloss over the death of a character? While we cannot speak towards the future, Ryan Eggold’s late character is referenced often over the course of the hour. You also get the sense that he will continue to be a part of the story for some time.
4. Liz wants revenge – You may have seen this at various points in recent teasers through us, but through “Ruin” you see and understand Liz’s journey — including what is driving her at this point to avenge what happened to Tom. There are several powerful moments for her as she starts to say out loud what some of her plans are for the first time.
5. Boone gives one of her best performances ever – Seriously. We know that there are some comparisons out there between “Ruin” and “Cape May,” an excellent installment that featured James Spader at the center. You’re going to see something similar here as Liz is front and center for almost the entire episode. Given that she is the one in mourning, and she is also the one who spent a substantial period of time in a coma separate from her friends and family, hers is the story most in need of addressing. This is a performance you’ll be talking about after the fact for a rather long time to come.
Excited for The Blacklist season 5 episode 9 to air?
Let us know your expectations below! Also, you’re going to want to like CarterMatt on Facebook in the event you want some more news regarding the series, including previews and upcoming episode reviews. (Photo: NBC.)