Happy Thanksgiving Outlander readers!
Before we kick this article off, we want to say that we’re very much thankful to all of you for reading, your comments, and your constant love of the show. We made a commitment to cover the show extensively this year after it took home the top prize at the CarterMatt Awards and we love continuing to take this journey with you.
So what is there to be thankful for on this fine holiday if you’re an Outlander fan? There’s obviously a lot, but we want to hand down some of the specific highlights here.
1. That we’re getting 13 episodes a season – While this may not seem like a lot in comparison to some of the other scripted shows on network TV with anywhere from 18 to 24, it’s a lot for cable TV — remember that Game of Thrones is only giving you six for the final season and many premium cable shows are only giving you ten episodes.
2. Outstanding performances – Kudos to the producers and those in casting for finding Caitriona Balfe, Sam Heughan, Tobias Menzies, Sophie Skelton, Richard Rankin, and so many others for these roles. After seeing them in action it’s hard to imagine anyone else in the role.
3. That we already have a season 4 – Not only that, but the fourth season is currently filming in Scotland! We’re very thankful that the show is already in the process of making the magic happen overseas so that we don’t have to wait too long between season 3 and season 4.
4. That we could have a season 5 – While it’s not confirmed as of yet, we are fairly confident that we’re going to get a season 5 renewal at some point before season 4 filming concludes. The show’s still getting great ratings and we’re very much thankful for that.
5. That the show’s got a great network partner – We cover a number of shows that have almost zero publicity and attention beyond CarterMatt. Here, it’s great that there is a network in Starz that is so supportive and intent on finding new ways to get the show out there to viewers beyond just the diehard fan base.
6. That we have a story with this much ambition – We’ve seen the third season to date span several decades in multiple continents, and with Jamie and Claire now on their way to Jamaica the story is far from over!
We’re extremely thankful beyond words to all of you! Writing about Outlander is a thrill and its viewers are some of the best, most supportive out of any fan group out there. We appreciate your readership, your comments, and your tweets. We love covering television, but we especially love covering Outlander.
What are you the most thankful for when it comes to Outlander on Thanksgiving? Share now in some of the attached comments!
Meanwhile, you can head over to the link here in the event you want to get some more news when it comes to the show, including some episode reviews and a whole lot more!
Also, you can like CarterMatt on Facebook to get some more news regarding Outlander as well as many others we cover. (Photo: Starz.)