In just under one month (on December 7), Psych: The Movie will arrive on USA Network — and what a joyous occasion it will be! This movie offers up a chance to celebrate one of the greatest cable series of all time, and we have a new sneak peek below all about what to expect. There are small clips, cast interviews, and all sorts of other fun stuff crammed into just a couple of minutes.
Here are just a small sampling of things that we appreciate:
1. Psych apparently having an office in San Francisco, right in the middle of what seems to be a Chinese restaurant.
2. Gus introducing himself to his possible new love interest, and totally stealing Shawn’s bit with the funny nicknames. Apparently, Shawn’s new name is “White Privilege.”
3. Guest stars, including John Cena as Juliet’s brother and also Ralph Macchio because why not?
4. A great rendition of “suck it” at the very end.
5. The villain at the heart of the movie — the Thin White Duke, as played by former Chuck and Heroes: Reborn star Zachary Levi. Apparently, he has a British accent — or he at least does within this video.
The hype around the movie is real, and it is the sort of hype that can only come from a show being off the air for several years to the point that you wondered if it would ever come back. As good as the Psych series finale was, there was definitely story left open for a movie and a few things in general that we would change in retrospect. For example, Maggie Lawson’s commitments to the now-canceled Back in the Game meant that she could only appear in part of the season. Meanwhile, much of the feel of the final season felt different.
There will unfortunately be a part of the movie that has a similar feeling due to Timothy Omundson’s absence — the actor had a stroke earlier this year. Luckily, he is in recovery and will have a presence in this movie in some form. We consider this a perfect incentive for there to be ANOTHER movie down the road — you need a larger Lassiter story! (For the record, we’ve been wishing Tim, one of our favorite actors, the best every single day for the better part of the past several months.)
What do you want to see during Psych: The Movie, and does this new sneak peek satisfy it?
Share some of your thoughts now in the attached comments! Meanwhile, take a look here for some additional news on the movie’s premiere date or like us on Facebook to receive more insight on Psych as well as some others we cover at CarterMatt. (Photo: USA.)