Interested in seeing some Call the Midwife season 6 episode 5 spoilers today? We’ve got a few small teasers for you within this article, much as we often do every time there is a new episode coming up on PBS. We should note that there is nothing extremely major that is given away over the course of this article, mostly because we do want you to still enjoy what the producers and writers bring to the table! Consider this to be for the most part a list of guidelines to send you down the road to the episode actually coming on the air.
Still with us? Then read on for more…
1. If you thought that everything for Sister Mary Cynthia was heartbreaking so far this season, just wait until you see what happens over the course of the next installment. It’s really heartbreaking, harrowing stuff that the midwives and nurses are thrown into here, and it is reminiscent almost of a Mad Men story from many years back.
2. For Trixie, there may be something good entering her life … or someone good, we should say. The promo at the bottom of the article gives you a good sense of that.
3. Valerie Dyer is the latest arrival to Call the Midwife, and it’s going to take a little bit of time to get to know her as a character in this world. Consider this episode to be your proper introduction.
4. Violet and Fred will have a significant storyline in the episode thanks to a distant cousin of his with Down’s syndrome. This will be emotional, and should serve as yet another reminder to one of the series’ central themes — compassion, and finding ways to care for other people. This is the sort of thing that remains an integral part of the show’s identity.
5. One of the other themes that you’ll see in this episode is faith, and not just in God. You’ll also see faith in the Mother House tested.
Overall, several stories within this episode are going to be important for many weeks beyond what you see in this hour. We don’t want to say too much just yet about which ones, but be sure to watch intently with that in mind.
Be sure to share your hopes for this Call the Midwife episode in the comments!
Meanwhile, you can head over to the link here in the event that you do want to get some further news when it comes to Call the Midwife without delay.