With Call the Midwife season 6 episode 2 airing on PBS in just over 24 hours, now does seem like the perfect time to start handing down some more teases on what to expect! As with last week, we’ll advise you that there are some minor spoilers ahead — we don’t give anything away in terms of the end result for any story, but we know that there are some people who are extremely averse to all of this stuff.
For the record, we will be back after the episode airs tomorrow night to spotlight further one of the big stories that is going to be featured over the course of the hour.
1. The main story at the heart of the episode will be that of Penny, an expecting mother with dwarfism who is looking to make her dream of parenting come true. Unfortunately, along the way there are going to be many different struggles that she is going to face. This story works to raise awareness about some of them.
2. Patsy learned about her ailing father on the premiere, and come this episode, she’ll make a potentially life-changing decision on the subject.
3. Even though Shelagh may be pregnant, don’t expect to see her change all that much! An explosion at the local docks causes her to spring into action, and do her part to ensure that some of those hurt are properly cared for. You may especially experience waterworks watching this one play out.
4. In speaking more about Shelagh’s pregnancy, the good news will start to spread to some other characters in the episode.
5. As for Sister Ursula … well, let’s just say that some of her rules and regulations are going to continue to be a thorn in the side of many midwives as they do their best to try to do their job despite the (many) restrictions that are being thrown at them. She makes their lives more challenging, to say the least.
Is there anything that you’re hoping to see on Sunday’s Call the Midwife season 6 episode 2? Share your thoughts right now with a comment!
Meanwhile, be sure to head over to the link here in the event you want to see some other news, including our reaction to the premiere. (Note that there are some spoilers from the British airings of the show at that link.)