At this particular moment in time, Selina Meyer on “Veep” may have to face reality: The odds of her being President anytime soon are slim. While she could run again in four years, that is a long time for anyone to wait, and if she obsesses over it in the interim (especially when you think about the Nevada results being what they were), she could end up being even more consumed than she already else.
Sure, we imagine that the sixth season of the HBO comedy will have a little bit of her resentment in it, but hopefully that’s not all it is about. For the sake of this article, we want to chart some of the different things that it would be great to see the series explore over the course of the coming episodes.
1. A humbled Selina – Find a way to have her either working under someone, or doing something where she has to be relied on for a skill she hasn’t used in years. Her operating even the simplest thing like a tablet made for great comedy on this past season. We would like to see her rise again, but only after she learns how to actually be a functioning member of society.
2. More Jonah shenanigans – It may be strange, but he is one of the only main characters now in elected office. Seeing him of all people wield some power should be ridiculous and fun.
3. Give Catherine more power – While we’re not sure Selina’s daughter will ever get into politics, there would be something so much fun about her being the famous person in the family and the one with all sorts of clout. We know that she does at least have some talent when it comes to filmmaking.
4. Mike and his suddenly-big family – There’s pretty much a show in itself here.
5. Give Amy a win – If anyone deserves it after dealing with garbage, it’s her. Maybe have her start off the season with a really great job before things go to hell in a handbasket. We know that’s probably going to happen.
What do you want to see on the sixth season of “Veep”? Share below, and head over here to get some other news on the show! Also, sign up over here to secure some more TV news on all we cover, sent right over to you via our CarterMatt Newsletter. (Photo: HBO.)