For everyone out there who adores “The Vampire Diaries” (and we know there are many of them), we’re now to more painful period of time of the year: Hiatus. As per usual, it’s going to be a long one. Season 8 will more than likely air on The CW at some point in the fall, and that’s a good five or so months from now!
Therefore, why not engage in some speculation about what could be the final season? Below, you can see our own personal wishlist, which we have created with the assumption that season 8 could be the end of the road for the show. It’s a little easier to think about the future when you’re facing the finish line on the horizon.
1. Just get Caroline and Stefan together already – We know that the whole will-they-or-won’t-they is one of the ways you really get people watching a show, but at the same exact time, you want to think that the showrunners would want to give people at least some time with characters together. We want to see them planning a future, which is even more important since Elena will probably not return for Damon until the series finale.
2. Embrace Damon’s dark side – This is fairly easy to embrace given where we are at present in the story, and there’s also a nice full-circle element about the show going back to where it fundamentally began, with Damon being the darker one of the two brothers and the strained relationship with him and Stefan. There are so many ways through this to set the stage for what could be an excellent arc to come the rest of the year.
3. Give Bonnie her powers back in awesome fashion – We want to see Bonnie more dangerous than ever before. If Kat Graham is leaving, have her leave in a blaze of awesome glory!
4. Find Matt and Alaric some happiness – Given how much they’ve seen loved ones die or leave them over the years, isn’t that at least something you could consider offering?
5. Bring back more familiar faces – If we are truly getting near the end of the road, we’d love it if the show really were to pay tribute to this journey with as many different characters as possible. We’d love to see a little bit more Tyler Lockwood, Klaus over from “The Originals,” and even a Jeremy Gilbert sighting at some point. Pay tribute to the entire show’s run if this proves to be the last season.
Curious as to get some other news on “The Vampire Diaries”? Then be sure to head over to the link here right now! Also, sign up right now over here to bite into some other TV news on all we cover, sent right over to you via our CarterMatt Newsletter.