“Galavant” fans, rejoice! We are now one day away from the season 2 premiere starting at 8:00 p.m. Eastern time, and we do hope that you have remembered to either clear time in your schedule or set your DVR. It’s one of our favorite comedies, and for the entirety of the month you are getting two episodes every Sunday night. It’ll be wrapped up before the Super Bowl, but there’s a ton of great stuff before then.
We’ve already had a chance to check out the season premiere, and while we’re not going to give anything major away before our review goes live tomorrow, here are just a few quick teasers of what to expect.
1. Musical numbers – What else did you expect? There are previews out there of two of the numbers already, and at least one of them will be performed again in a separate form later in the episode.
2. Meta jokes – Throughout the half-hour we have references made to everything from the show’s own ratings to pop culture to the fact many of the people watching it are probably doing so on their DVR. It’s a show unafraid to make fun of itself and in some ways its own network.
3. Guest stars – Yes, Hugh Bonneville is set to return, and you’ll also get a musical number fronted by none other than Kylie Minogue. In addition to these two, one notable character from season 1 will turn up in a brief cameo.
4. Several settings – Expect to see lots of bouncing around for one group of characters to the next. As the opening number teases, part of the fun of this whole “new season” is going to be seeing when all of these people come back together.
5. More of what you love – We don’t think that “Galavant” really looked at itself too hard before the season and thought that they needed to change much, which is smart because they didn’t. This was a show that was already hilarious, and they’re intent on finding new ways to surprise you, while bringing you more of what you love.
Want some other news when it comes to “Galavant”? Then be sure to head over to the link here! Also, you can sign up over here to score some other TV news on everything we cover, sent right over to you via our CarterMatt Newsletter. (Photo: ABC.)