Tomorrow night, the waiting is over for the premiere of “True Detective.” HBO is kicking off its latest season, and this is one that is highly anticipated and features a cast led by Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn.
Just in case you want to get yourself excited now for what the show has to offer, or if you are a little bit on the fence, think of this article as somewhat of a road map. We’ve got for you listed below some reasons to look forward to the series premiering on HBO, but also potentially some reasons to be a little bit nervous if you are not excited already.
As for why you should be excited…
1. It’s “True Detective” – The show has built a reputation already on being really tremendous, so you know that the capacity is still there. While there is no guarantee it will match those heights, it’s capable of getting there!
2. You really like the cast – Colin Farrell has done some great work, and the same can be said about every other lead. While Vince Vaughn doesn’t do a ton of drama, we know that he can.
3. The story appeals to you – This time around we’re dealing with more criminal syndicates through Vaughn’s character, and it also has more of an ensemble feel. Sure, it will probably still be weird and existential, but there m
As for reasons why you may be a little bit nervous…
1. You’re expecting too much – Hey, it happens. This is a show with a ton of prestige already!
2. Different directors – Cary Fukunaga was the force behind the camera for the entirety of season 1. This time around, Nic Pizzolatto is using a variety of different people to tell the story.
3. You found the story to dark – Hey, if this is the case, this show is probably not right for you.
If you do want to get some other news related to “True Detective,” be sure to head over to the link here now! Also, you can sign up here if you want to get some other updates on everything we cover, courtesy of our official CarterMatt Newsletter. (Photo: HBO.)