The midseason premiere of “Outlander” airing Saturday on Starz (or Sunday on Showcase, if you are Canadian), and we feel pretty confident that many of you out there are going to love it … provided that you loved the first eight of the season.
We’re obviously not interested in ruining the party for you, so don’t worry about whether or not there are going to be major spoilers ahead in this article. There isn’t! The real focus here is a little more on giving you some simple teasers to look forward to about the story ahead, and some moments that should stick with you hours after the episode wraps.
1. As you’ve heard already, Frank Randall is not in the first episode. Rumor has it that he may not be in the final eight episodes at all. There is still more of his story, but we don’t really need to know what is constantly going on with him if it doesn’t push forward what is going on in Scotland.
2. Jamie’s point of view is not entirely what you would expect, provided that you have not read the books. Don’t expect his story to be as rosy as it appeared at times in the first eight.
3. At least one person from Jamie’s past will come back to haunt him in a big way.
4. As the recently-released preview shows off, there will be some time spent showing you how Jamie managed to save Claire from the clutches of Jack Randall.
5. One scene many will be talking about takes place in the final ten minutes.