Are you ready for “The Flash” to rush over to The CW? Tomorrow night is finally the night, and we will see just how this long-awaited DC adaptation plays out on the small screen.
For now, here is the basic premise. The series will pick up with the end of the “Arrow” episode “Three Ghosts,” showing how Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) got into a coma in the first place, and from there, will start to channel through the rest of the Flash origin story. You’ll meet those in his life, uncover more of his past, and then see him kicking butt and taking names. It will not take long for him to become the hero in the classic costume that you’ve come to know and love.
In terms of specifics, here are the five things we are most excited to see in the series moving forward.
1. Powers – On “Arrow,” the show shies away from a lot of superhuman stuff. This will not be the case on “The Flash.” Barry will face characters like Girder and Captain Cold, who have powers at the center of all they do.
2. Romance – Felicity Smoak is still in the picture for Barry, but she is not the only one. You’re also going to meet Iris West early in the series, who has a lengthy history with Barry from the comics.
3. Anticipation – Some stories are going to be a slow build, including Firestorm (Robbie Amell), and whether or not Caitlin Snow will eventually become Killer Frost.
4. Production values – For a CW show, the action and the effects in the finale are pretty darn good. We’ll see if this is true for the show on a weekly basis.
5. Crossovers – While Felicity will appear in the first few weeks, the eighth episode in particular will be a great crossover that spans both this show and “Arrow.”
What are your hopes and expectations for “The Flash” right now? Share some of your thoughts with a comment, and run over here for some more scoop! Also, you can sign up to get some further TV news on everything we cover via our CarterMatt Newsletter.
Photo: The CW