The race for the America’s Favorite Player (AFP) on “Big Brother 16” is one that we are almost as excited to see as the race to see who wins … mostly because we’ve already written Derrick the check in our head. By far, he has played the best game we’ve seen this year, and quite possibly in many ears.
You probably won’t find out the official winner until the end of tonight’s finale, but we wanted to go ahead and give you right now who are the likely contenders for the award, ranked in order from least-likely to most-likely.
5. Derrick Lavasseur – He may get some votes just for being the best player, though it seems relatively unlikely since everyone figures he is getting plenty of other money.
4. Frankie Grande – Even though Frankie’s own “mega mega pop star” sister has practically endorsed Zach to win, Ariana’s fans will probably still send some votes his way.
3. Nicole Franzel – By far the most popular woman of the season, and someone we still argue is a pretty good player. She was just never in a particularly good position the moment that Christine went with the Detonators.
2. Donny Thompson – There is a big gap between #3 and #2 to us, since this is really just a race between two people. We wouldn’t be upset with a Donny win; he’s just a nice, genuine guy, and while he was probably not a great player, he’s so likable that you want to see him take home more money.
1. Zach Rance – We would say that the endorsements from many “Big Brother” alum help him, as does the fact that he didn’t win any money (just a trip to Germany) during the season. Also, he was entertainment gold, regardless of what you thought about his actual game. Plus, we live for the moment when Frankie realizes that the guy he turned on for Team America is actually the person the country loves the most.
Who do you think will win tonight? Share below, and head over here to see all of our “Big Brother 16” finale coverage right now! We’re going to be burning the midnight oil with it tonight.
You can also sign up to get some further TV scoop on all we cover right now via our CarterMatt Newsletter.