The 2014 MuchMusic Video Awards of course brought out some star power Sunday night, but also winners that ranged from predictable to also exciting for some. Not everyone was there to accept their trophies, but we imagine that they will probably be thrilled all of the same.
This article is meant for one purpose and one purpose only: Revealing all of the winners for the show, just in case you were watching the amazing episode of “Game of Thrones” tonight or something else. This list will be updated as the night goes on, so don’t worry about missing out on anything.
- International Video of the Year by a Canadian – Drake, “Hold On, We’re Going Home”
- Hip-Hop Video of the Year – Drake, “Worst Behavior”
- International Video of the Year – Lorde, “Royals”
- International Video of the Year by a Group – Imagine Dragons, “Demons”
- Rock/Alternative Video of the Year – Sam Roberts Band, “Shapeshifters,”
- Pop Video of the Year – Hedley, “Anything”
- Favorite International Artist or Group – Selena Gomez
- Favorite Video – Hedley, “Anything”
- Favorite Artist or Group – Justin Bieber (seriously, still?)
- Video of the Year – Hedley, “Anything”
In the end, this was quite a lineup for the show in terms of champions, and most of them should feel happy. As a TV site, we have a hard time analyzing what form of music is better than the other. We’re mostly surprised with Selena and Justin given that neither of them have had an enormous hit in the recent past, and there have also been all sorts of headlines away from music.
What do you think about some of these winners on the night? Share below, and head over here to get some other news and highlights from tonight’s show. You can also sign up now if you want to get some further TV updates via our CarterMatt Newsletter.