Can you believe that “Mad Men” season 7 is over yet? This journey was quick compared to some past seasons, and the conclusion tonight in “Waterloo” really made an effort to pack a lot of content in.
So how better to take a look back at everything this season than with one last podcast? CarterMatt Co-Founders Matt Carter and Jessa went through everything from this episode tonight, and there was really quite a bit to go through when you think about everything that happened to some of the various characters.
- Obviously, the death of Cooper was a huge discussion point, as was the shocking way that he went out courtesy of that surprising song-and-dance number that really closed things off for the episode. While it was interesting, was it really “Mad Men” enough for the show?
- We also of course discuss whether or not this is the ls the last episode for Jessica Pare, and if we are going to miss the Megan Draper character. Did she handle this right?
- Of course, historical contexts are considered as we discuss the Moon Landing, and how this was an excellent jumping-off point for the story.
- Did you enjoy the major victory for Peggy Olsen? We discuss what happened with Burger Chef.
- We share one of our favorite Pete Campbell quotes of the season.
- In the end, we discuss some of what we’d like to see in the second half of this season, including possible endgames for all of the characters and what is unlikely to happen to most of them.
If you want to get some more coverage of the “Mad Men” finale, then be sure to click here to read our full review. Also, be sure to sign up to obtain some further TV updates via our CarterMatt Newsletter.