Before the 2014 Billboard Music Awards aired on ABC Sunday night, there was a tradition that needed to be upheld: The arrival of some stars to the red carpet.
Of course, there were the traditional who’s who of music stars who were in attendance, and then there were some other TV stars that were a little more interesting to us (given of course the subject matter on our site). These names included some of the following:
- Lucy Hale – The “Pretty Little Liars” star has been a country sensation as of late, so it is really no surprise to see her there.
- Sarah Hyland – While the “Modern Family” actress is not necessarily a music name, she is an ABC name. That is the important thing to really remember here when it comes to this roster.
- Andi Dorfman – We could see some actually musicians who are somewhat annoyed by the “Bachelorette” being there, but we get it. Her show is going to premiere on ABC tomorrow night, and there is a need for cross-promotion.
- “Rising Star” personalities – Given the recent announcement that Josh Groban, Kesha, and Ludacris are all involved in the upcoming ABC summer series, don’t be that shocked that these three are in attendance for the show.
- For those of you who love other singing shows, “American Idol” had a presence in the form of former winner Jordin Sparks. Meanwhile, Cher Lloyd of “The X Factor” UK also made an appearance.
The Billboard Music Awards itself starts at 8:00 p.m. Eastern time, and it will of course feature performances from some of the biggest stars out there right now. It is one of many awards shows coming on the air this summer.