Tonight, “Arrow” season 2 comes to a close, and we like to think that it is never too early to start looking ahead to what season 3 can bring. That’s what this article is for! Hopefully, there will be postmortem interviews out there to give you deeper insight into what actually happens; this of this more of an educated wishlist based on the direction that the show is heading in.
The following five are our own suggestions, but of course we want to hear what some of yours are, as well! Put those in the comments below, and come back later tonight for a full review of the episode itself.
1. No more Slade – It may pain us to say it, but it is time to move on from this chapter of the show. With Malcolm Merlyn still around, you cannot possibly keep every villain alive and expect that we’re going to continue to believe every second of it.
2. A new major villain – This time, why not someone less connected to Oliver in particular like The Count or Sebastian Blood? There are surely very bad people who do not have some sort of vendetta against him.
3. A steady pace with Laurel – Now that Laurel knows the truth about Oliver, don’t have next year start up with her training like a crazy person to be just like her sister. If she is to become a hero, it doesn’t happen overnight.
4. Less of the island – Eventually, so many things will have happened to Oliver there that it will become completely unbelievable that he hadn’t bothered to mention any of them.
5. Harley Quinn – We are very well aware that this is not going to happen, especially given that the “Suicide Squad” cameo was meant to be just that, and that there is a “Gotham” series coming on Fox. But we would love some sort of little reminder that there could be a Batman universe in this world, even if we never seen it on the show itself.
If you want to target our full “Arrow” coverage, you can do so at the link here. Also, be sure to sign up now to get further good stuff via our CarterMatt Newsletter.
Photo: The CW