Sunday night in America, fans of “Downton Abbey” are going to get an opportunity to say farewell to season 4 with an extensive finale event, which aired on Christmas Day in the UK. This is an episode that features a shift to London, new characters, a gathering of royals, and a few storylines that are extensions of everything else that has been shown off at times during season 4.
If you want to be sneaky and read our review of the episode in advance, just click here. Otherwise, read on to get five teasers from the special that are meant to get you excited much more than to necessarily give anything significant away.
1. Anna and Bates’ story is far from over in the wake of the suspicion that Bates may have murdered Mr. Green in the finale.
2. Lady Mary starts to dip her toes into a number of different conflicts, which basically puts Michelle Dockery almost at the center of everything. There will be talk of Lord Anthony Gillingham and Charles Blake, but we’re not saying as to whether or not she finally makes a choice.
3. After seeing so much of Jack Ross the past few weeks, the character is basically a memory in this episode. Lady Rose has other duties and plans that she must take on.
4. The arrival of Cora’s brother Harold (Paul Giamatti) brings a different energy to the show, especially when he tried to snatch away someone currently working on the estate’s staff to take back with him to America.
5. The final scene of the season features two characters who are important to the show, but are probably not the two characters that you would have expected going in.
We’ll have more from the special after it airs, so be on the lookout for that. Also, sign up now for our CarterMatt Newsletter if you want to get some more updates from us sent straight to your email.