Tonight, American viewers are going to have the opportunity to watch what originally was the “finale” to “Downton Abbey” season 4 in the United Kingdom; while the British had to wait an additional month and a half to see the Christmas special, the great news now for many Americans out there is that there will not be that much waiting. Just be prepared for a decent time jump between what happens tonight, and what you are going to see on the show next week.
So what we have for you below are a series of a few simple teasers designed to give you even more of an idea as to what to expect when this episode (a huge one for many of the character) ends up airing. Do not worry, as there are no significant spoilers that will ruin anything that happens.
1. Mary will have more of a decision to make than ever regarding whether or not to be with Charles Blake, Anthony Gillingham, or on her own. The major question is whether or not she will choose to make any sort of decision at all in the time allotted.
2. If you are a particularly big fan of Edith, then you will appreciate what is seemingly some closure in regards to her pregnancy story … at least so you think.
3. Robert returns from his time overseas, and what he says and talks about here will help in some ways to set up the finale.
4. In regards to Rose, everything regarding Jack Ross will start to become a little bit more clear.
5. Finally, get ready for one of the biggest moves in the Anna – Bates storyline to date.
Is there anything that you are hoping to see from this hour of “Downton Abbey”? If so, be sure to share in the comments below, and head on over to the link here if you want to read even more news related to the show.
Also, sign up now for our CarterMatt Newsletter if you are interested in securing even more great updates on all things “Downton Abbey,” and with these being sent straight to your email inbox every Sunday.