As we reach the one-week anniversary of the start of the “Castle” filming hiatus, it seems like the perfect time to ask this question: If Beckett ends up saying yes to her boyfriend’s shocking proposal, how soon should a wedding happen? It would easily become the one event that every fan out there would want to talk about, and that episode would have the potential to be a punch of ratings gold for ABC.
Of course, the question is how quickly the producers want to put their cards on the table and say to go for it. We already give creator Andrew W. Marlowe some credit for choosing to go the relationship route with “Caskett” at the end of season 4. This is something that he could have potentially stalled on for another year, and the same goes for the engagement. So does he follow tradition and give us a wedding next May? We’ve come up with a handy list of some of the advantages and disadvantages to making it happen:
Reasons for a wedding next season
1. We don’t know if it will be the end of the show – There were whispers about there being a two-season renewal, but it didn’t happen.
2. Moving onward – There are other things to look forward on the show, and making the rest of the series about the wedding may not be a great idea.
3. Surprise pregnancy – Maybe something shocking happens, and the two decide they want to be married before having a kid. Crazier things have happened.
Reasons for waiting
1. The assumption of a renewal – If Marlowe wants the wedding to be the end and he finds out that a season 7 is happening come January of next year, he may hold off on it.
2. A long engagement – If Beckett goes to DC for a while, he may not want to rush a wedding so that he can focus on the long-distance relationship story if Castle stays in New York.
3. There are other matters to be dealt with – Do you think the wedding will happen without Castle’s dad turning up again? There are still some loose ends that need to be tied up.
Before any of this matters, we’ll have to find out whether or not Beckett says yes, and that answer will come in September. Do you want to see a wedding happen? Be sure to vote in our poll below! For those of you who want to read more on the future of Esposito, you can do so over at the link here.
Want more TV news? Then sign up for the CarterMatt Newsletter!