‘Downton Abbey’ season 3, episode 6 preview: What to expect from Tom, ThomasFebruary 9, 2013
“Downton Abbey” season 3 is already getting near its end in America, and on Sunday night, we are going to see what was episodes 7 and 8 in the United Kingdom jammed into one massive installment that contains plenty of surprises, new alliances, and of cours some of the drama that you would expect to see from the likes of Robert, Cora, Tom, and the rest of the upstairs and downstairs crew.
Since this is episode 6 that we are talking about here, why not share six teasers to give up a great idea of what to expect? (If you want to just ruin the fun for yourself and read the reviews of these episodes from the British airings, you can do so over here.)
1. Robert and Cora will still attempt to move forward – By the end of this episode, expect there to at least be some sort of resolution to the conflict here in the wake of Sybil’s death … even though we are staying mum as to whether or not it will be positive.
2. Jimmy (Ed Speleers) is set to have an enormously-important role, as he will get himself involved in a very complicated romantic situation downstairs.
3. Tom Branson will continue to struggle as to where he fits in with the rest of the world.
4. Violet’s nice Rose is going to show up, and she will help to identify just how much times are a-changing in Edwardian England.
5. You will begin to see what happens upon Bates’ arrival back to Downton Abbey, including just how he and Anna plan to build their future together.
6. There will be a new man in Edith’s life … but nothing is ever going to be as cut-and-dry as it looks on paper.
Of course, be sure to check back after the episode Sunday night for a full review, and for now, be sure to share your theories below! Also, you can check out the latest Jimmy Fallon – “Downton Abbey” spoof by heading on over to the link here.
Photo: ITV / PBS