One of the reasons why “The Bachelor” is totally hitting a home run right now is that for the first time in quite a while, it really does feel as though Sean Lowe does not have an undisputed favorite or two after the first pair of episodes. With Emily Maynard, it was obvious that it was Jef and Arie, just as Ben Flajnik easily had Courtney pegged early on, Ashley Hebert was into J.P., and Brad Womack was making sure that Emily felt special. You have to give some credit to the editing team for making it a little less obvious for everyone out there who has been lucky enough to avoid spoilers. (Don’t worry: there will be no spoilers here.)
In case this is your first week reading our top 5 rankings, know this: we’re not creating these based off of personal preference, but rather what we are seeing on the actual show in terms of chemistry, romance, and edit.
5. Lindsay Yenter (last week: not ranked) – Talk about a comeback! When Lindsay came out the first night in a wedding dress and got embarrassingly drunk, we wrote her off as cannon fodder that would be gone come week 2 or 3. However, she showed a natural rapport with Sean in the brief amount of time she spent with him, which makes us start to think now that there could be something there if they get enough time to watch it grow and develop.
4. Catherine Giudici (5) – Cathreine has received a very interesting edit this season. While she has not necessarily spent a great deal of time with Sean, the producers have made sure that she is someone that we are not able to forget about. This traditionally bodes well for her staying around for a while, since they would otherwise largely just turn her into a ghost as they have done with many other past contestants.
3. Sarah Herron (3) – These two shared the first one-on-one date of the season, and it seemed to overall go very well. Not only that, but we also know that Sean is planning a special surprise for her this week. The translation? There is clearly an interest here on both parties, but the one thing for her to worry about now is that Sean will be spending more time with some other ladies moving forward.
2. Lesley Murphy (unranked) – The fact that she and Sean are about to try to break the world record for the longest onscreen kiss shows that she is probably not going to be spending too much time worry about the kiss that she didn’t plant on him during the party after the photo shoot. Lesley and Sean both seem to have a little bit of nerves around each other, but there is obviously still a level of comfort there that could shine through over time.
1. Desiree Hartsock (1) – For the third straight week we have Desiree at the top of the list, and her one-on-one date with Sean exemplifies why. She’s a smart woman who has great chemistry with Sean, as evidenced by the fact that they were about as intimate as two people could be with a PG-13 rating still attached. She also put up with him embarrassing her on national television, and we’re not sure that every other woman in the house would have done this.
Want to see some more “Bachelor” goodness? Be sure to check out Sean’s hilarious video from “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” over at the link here.
Follow Matt Carter
Follow Jessa Carter