As it turns out, we may have had a case of the tabloids being right when it came to Britney Spears’ first day on “The X Factor,” and this is all according to the show’s head just Simon Cowell.
If you remember back to earlier this year, the media made a gigantic deal out of the fact that the “Circus” singer “walked off” the show at one point during some early auditions, and it made some wonder whether or not she was going to find a way to shatter Cheryl Cole’s record shortest-tenured judge in reality TV history. However, when some papers started to report that she was considering quitting the show, reps for the show spoke out saying that this could not be any further from the truth.
However, Simon himself is now saying that there was indeed some danger of Britney leaving the show and leaving the entire staff up a creek. Cowell called in to TMZ Live on Thursday, and effectively ended up saying that there was some sort of breakdown for Britney, but that they worked things out without a problem:
“No one is going to admit that on the first day your highest paid star after 20 minutes has walked off set … [she] had a moment on the first day where she said to me ‘I’m not sure I can do this.'”
Simon said that he was terrified that he may have lost her as a judge, but that she is doing a great job now and is more comfortable than ever.
On a different note, Cowell in the interview also continued to go after NBC for scheduling an episode of “The Voice” on the same night as the premiere, saying that they violated some sort of “gentleman’s agreement” and that they were being incredibly unfair for viewers who want to watch both shows and do so live.
What do you think about Cowell’s sense of honesty? We want to hear from you below! If you want to check out some more “X Factor” news, be sure to click on the image below.
– Watch More