For the time being, we have a hard time changing our rankings for “The Glee Project” so long as one thing stays the same — Shanna Henderson not landing in front of Ryan Murphy. We’ll have more of an explanation for her continued success later on in the post, but for now let’s talk about some of the other contestants are faring in the competition.
Even though here is no change in our top two, there is plenty of movement elsewhere.
7. Abraham Lin (last week: #6) – To use an old analogy from Ellen DeGeneres that was one of the few good things that came from her time on “American Idol,” Abraham is like the soup of the day. Sometimes, you like the soup — other times, it’s disappointing. You never quite know what you’re going to get out of the guy, and his flashes of brilliance are starting to get overshadowed.
6. Michael Weisman (last week: #7) – Michael’s biggest benefit so far has been that there has always been someone who has been more of a target for elimination. He hasn’t really done anything as of late to make himself stand out from the pack in a good way, and with that in mind it remains hard to put him near the very top of the list.
5. Lily Mae Harrington (last week: #3) – Now, we turn to one of the biggest enigmas of the entire competition. On paper, Lily is great — she’s got a huge voice, great acting range, and could be someone that “Glee” viewers relate to. The only real problem here is her attitude — she makes too many excuses for when she performs badly, and even sometimes commits the cardinal sin of throwing the producers under the bus. We just can’t see someone going on “Glee” who is already blaming people trying to help her, regardless of how good she is.
4. Aylin Bayramoglu (last week: #5) – After facing the bottom three for the second time all season, Aylin recovered beautifully this week with a bold take on someone who is not easy to emulate in a music video — Madonna. Even when she struggles, what we like about Aylin is that she also brings some of herself to what she is doing. Any of the top four we could feasibly see on “Glee” at some point, which probably makes this decision for Ryan Murphy all he harder.
3. Ali Stroker (last week: #4) – A few weeks ago, we said hat Ali was floundering a bit in the middle of the pack — but since that time, she’s been nothing short of exceptional. In our mind she’s been the standout for two straight music videos, and she also have a newfound sort of drive that could push her all the way to the finale. She’s even starting to show more acting that is better suited for television than just the stage.
2. Blake Jenner (last week: #2) – We really don’t know if Blake at this point has a major weakness. The only time he’s ever performed for Ryan Murphy was in a duet, and he was spectacular. This season has not exactly been a good one for most of the boys, but he is the one that could feasibly have a good shot of making it into McKinley High — and he’d be the perfect replacement for Finn among the student body.
1. Shanna Henderson (last week: #1) – As we said, Shanna has yet to perform in front of Ryan, and she’s been able to do it by really delivering week in and week out. One of the things that producers look for on this show is consistency, and she’s never had a terrible week. Even when other people are getting the lion’s share of the praise, she’s still in he thick of things. Shanna’s a great singer, a strong actress, and we would be writing her up a “Glee” role right now.
Who do you think at the moment is the top candidate to win a role on the show? We want to hear from you below! To check out the music video for Tuesday night’s new episode, be sure to head over to this link.