For the first time since we started our “Bachelorette” rankings, we have a new number #1 at the top of the list. Let’s face it — this past week wasn’t a great one for Arie Luyendyk Jr., and while he still has a great shot at winning Emily Maynard’s heart, he can’t really be considered the surefire favorite anymore.
As a matter of fact, all three people in our top three have now stolen a few kisses from Emily — and she seems to have even gotten over the fact that Sean Lowe looks a bit like Niall Horan in ten years and that Jef’s hair is still under the impression that the show he is on is actually “Saved by the Bell.”
5. Doug Clerget (last week: #5) – Once again, Doug is #5 on the list, and there’s a big reason for it — while he seems like a perfect guy for Emily on paper, where is the passion here? He’s come the least to having a big moment with Emily on the show so far, even if he does obviously seem to have a good bit in common with her as a fellow parent.
4. Chris Bukowski – To be honest, it still feels as though both Chris, Doug, and everyone else contending for the title are just on the outside looking in, and need to find a way to actually rise to the same level as the other three. With Chris, we really just wonder if Emily is into him as much as he is into her. After all, who has to plead their case so much that they are mature enough to handle having a daughter? She has no reason not to believe him.
3. Arie Luyendyk, Jr. – What happened with Arie? Basically, this is what happens when you establish yourself as a favorite early on — you quickly end up feeling the weight of big expectations. Emily expects Arie to be there for her, and she was ticked off when he didn’t spill the beans about what Kalon McMahon was saying about Ricki back at the house.
Did Arie have a great explanation for it? Sure, as he said that he didn’t want to spend his time talking about other people. It’s tough to be a contestant on these sort of shows, mostly because you never fully know what someone else is thinking. For Ben Flajnik, he didn’t want to talk about other people during private time with contestants — meanwhile, Emily does under the right circumstances.
2. Sean Lowe – There’s less drama with Sean, and there’s more of a comfort factor. Sean just feels like a man — he is strong, kind, and obviously already values family more than anything. He’s not just good on paper, either — during part of that one-on-one date, it almost looked like Emily and Sean were ready to just shut the cameras off for a little private time.
The one thing we wonder about Sean is if he is a safe choice, which is why we have him #2…
1. Jef Holm – There’s just something magnetic about Jef. He’s not the strongest guy on the show, or the one with the most dashing appearances. However, there is just something magical and inspiring about his personality. Out of all of the seasons of “The Bachelor” and “The Bachelorette.” he actually feels like the most genuine person we have ever seen. He appears to be there for love, cares about Emily already, and she is completely enamored with him. Of course, we want Emily to be happy no matter who she picks — but is it wrong to say at the moment that we hope she’s happy with Jef?
Who do you think is the favorite to land Emily’s heart? Be sure to share your thoughts below!