There was a major surprise when it comes to the Comic-Con announcement from 20th Century Fox TV on Friday — namely a show that was not present rather than the ones that were. For the first time since the series first debuted, “Glee” will not be making an appearance at the festival.
For hardcore fans of the event, they’ll probably see this as a good thing — mostly because the music comedy has long been criticized for being rather out of place with the event’s focus on science fiction, humor, and comic book properties.
Here is the full schedule of the shows in attendance from the studio, with specific times and locations to be announced at a later date.
Friday July 13
- Bones (Fox): The full panel will be together this year! In addition to Emily Deschanel and David Boreanaz appearing, the same can be said for executive producers Hart Hanson and Stephen Nathan.
- Bob’s Burgers (Fox): There aren’t many big names on this show, but expect Kristen Schaal and the rest of the gang to be present.
- Brickleberry (Comedy Central): You may not know this upcoming show yet, but you do know some people in its voice cast — including Daniel Tosh and Kaitlin Olson.
Saturday, July 14
- Futurama (Comedy Central): Billy West, John DiMaggio, Maurice LaMarche, and Katey Sagal (who is pulling double-duty) will be among the stars featured here.
- The Simpsons (Fox): Expect a tease for the upcoming “Treehouse of Horror.”
- Family Guy (Fox): If you have been to a panel with Seth MacFarlane before, you know it’s a good time. Expect more of the same here.
- American Dad (Fox): See above.
Sunday, July 15
- The Cleveland Show (Fox): Seth MacFarlane is returning … again!
- Sons of Anarchy (FX): Showrunner Kurt Sutter will not only be present, but so will most of his stellar cast — including Charlie Hunnam, Katey Sagal, Ron Perlman, and Maggie Siff.
What panel are you excited to see? (Photo: Comic-Con)