As we near the season finale for “Game of Thrones,” it’s only natural that we would look forward to an extent at what sort of characters from the George R.R. Martin books will be coming to the small screen for season 3 — and in addition to the faces we’ve already come to know and love, plenty more will be entering the fray.
According to Entertainment Weekly, the following characters will be turning up next season, so it’s time for us to start sitting around and playing casting director for who we would like to see in the roles.
– Mance Rayder: The leader of the Wildings, or the “King Beyond the Wall” if you prefer this title.
– Daario Naharis: A warrior who has yet to be referenced on the show.
– Jojen Reed; Meera Reed: These siblings are a big part of the books, and they are still coming up.
– Edmure and Ser Brynden Tully: Yes, the Tullys are coming! Get ready to meet more of Catelyn Stark’s relatives.
– Lady Selyse Florent: Stannis Baratheon’s wife.
– Shireen: Stannis Baratheon’s daughter.
– Olenna Redwyne (The Queen of Thorns): Margaery Tyrell’s grandmother
– Beric Dondarrion: The leader of the group Brotherhood Without Banners.
– Thoros of Myr: A red priest with a connection to Melisandre — who has already caused plenty of problems this season.
Before we get too excited about these new faces, though, it’s probably best that we wait and see who actually makes it out of this season alive.
Who are you most excited to see on “Thrones” moving forward?