Where in the world is Brittany S. Pearce? Ever since “Glee” unveiled their brand-new cover for the upcoming graduation album (which will be released on May 15), that question has been appropriately raised time and time again.
For those who have been following the show for some time, we probably already know the answer to this as Ryan Murphy has joked repeatedly about having Brittany flunk out so that she has to stay at McKinley again. Is this the right thing to do? Not entirely, mostly because it is what everyone would expect versus what would actually be interesting for the show to do. We do find it even sadder, though, that the show has chosen to touch so much on Santana’s future after her time at McKinley High without even really touching on what Brittany is going to up to. Since Brittany won the class president election over Kurt, she has to be a senior — and yet, she’s off the album cover.
Meanwhile, we do have a full listing of tracks that you can expect to hear from the disc when it is released:
- We Are Young – Fun. (from earlier this season)
- Edge Of Glory – Lady Gaga
- I Won’t Give Up – Jason Mraz (we know that Lea Michele is performing this song)
- We Are The Champions – Queen
- School’s Out – School’s Out – Alice Cooper
- I Was Here – Beyonce
- I’ll Remember – Madonna
- You Get What You Give – New Radicals
- Not The End – The Bravery
- Roots Before Branches – Room for Two
- Glory Days – Bruce Springsteen
- Forever Young – Bob Dylan
- Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) – Green Day
The latter song on the list has pretty much been the unofficial graduation song for every class since it was first released decades ago — therefore, we’re not too surprised to see it as a part of the show in some form.
What do you think about Brittany getting shunned from the cover?