‘American Horror Story: Freak Show’ episode 3 podcast: On ‘Edward Mordrake,’ Kathy Bates with Jason Prager
Another episode of “American Horror Story: Freak Show” has passed, and you know what that means: Another new podcast! This one features Matt Carter and Jason Prager talking all about the first part of “Edward Mordrake,” which is the first time that the show really got into potentially-supernatural territory since the show first started up this fall.
So is it really supernatural, a product of Ethel’s head, or something else? This is one of many things discussed, including some of the following topics.
- How incredible Kathy Bates throughout this episode, and how she may be an Emmy contender already for this role.
- The arrivals of Emma Roberts and Denis O’Hare to the story this week, and how some of these scenes add to the show.
- The importance / lack thereof for some of the musical numbers that we’ve seen on the show.
- Also, wondering about whether or not we really need musical numbers that last this long every time.
- Some of our expectations / theories about Dandy and Twisty the Clown, including an interesting one from Jason.
- Finally, a warning: There is some language in the podcast!
At the end, we look forward to the second part of this Edward Mordrake story, and we hope you do, as well! If you want to take this podcast on the go with you, it’s pretty easy to do so. You can just sign up now over at iTunes, or head to our podcast archive if you prefer to download directly. We’ve also got podcasts coming on “The Blacklist,” “Ink Master,” and “Arrow” every week.
Want to see some more coverage now on all things “American Horror Story”? then head over to the link here, where you can read our text review for this episode! Also, be sure to sign up to get some more news and updates on all we cover via our CarterMatt Newsletter. (Photo via FX.)