Just over 24 hours ago, the series premiere of “Gotham” first came on the air on Fox, and we’re now back to talk about anything and everything.
In the video below, you can see CarterMatt Co-Founder Matt Carter joined here by his frequent podcast collaborator Jason Prager, and some of the topics from the premiere episode include the following:
- Whether or not we really enjoyed the premiere of the show, and some of what worked along with what didn’t.
- Our view on the individual characters, starting with Ben McKenzie as James Gordon and doing onward to Harvey Bullock, Selina Kyle, and many more.
- Whether or not there was a problem with the show’s complicated era.
- Jason continue to audition to be “Before Bane.” (Watch the video; the resemblance is clear.)
- Plenty of comparisons to “Hannibal” and other shows that are currently still on the air.
- What sort of Batman tie-in we would really want to see on the show moving forward, if it is at all possible.
This podcast is really going to be just one of many where we go through some individual elements of the series, and we’ll have all of them hopefully by Wednesday morning throughout the rest of the season. (We also have a preview podcast up in addition to this one.)
You can take us on the go by signing up for our iTunes page, or head over here to see some of our other new podcasts at CarterMatt. We’ll be doing weekly ones on “The Blacklist” and “Ink Master” throughout the rest of the season.
Want to get some more news related to “Gotham”? Click here to get our review for the series premiere, and to see the latest ratings report. You can also sign up now in the event you want some additional TV updates on all we cover via our CarterMatt Newsletter.