Calling all fans of Survivor: Great news! The merge is finally here on Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers episode 7, and this is a time when all sorts of craziness could happen.
What makes this merge so special is that we never went to the two-tribe format at any point this season. That’s shocking and different from any other season we remember here at CarterMatt. Going from three tribes to one should produce almost-instant chaos given that you are going to see an inter-mingling of tribes in a way that is very different and super-intense. Everyone will have to act quickly in order to preserve their own hide in the game.
So who should be the most worried? Here are a few interesting candidates.
1. Cole – He’s been a target both at the Healers and at the new Yawa camp, but has lucked out in that he really hasn’t experienced much in the way of danger yet. He may have Jessica, but at this point in the game he doesn’t have anyone else.
2. JP – He made it through the vote tonight, but he is still a rather enormous physical threat. Also, we’re not sure if socially he has the game necessary to find allies and make it far.
3. Ryan – He’s sneaky, and there seems to be an awareness that he is a very good player at this game.
4. Chrissy – You could say the same thing on some level here.
5. Joe – He’s got the hidden immunity idol and anytime there’s a player in the game with the idol you know that they’re going to be dangerous. Joe will be a target, but we’ve got a good feeling that he will play it if he senses any danger. He’s already shown that he’s so good at finding them that it really shouldn’t be much of an issue for him to track down another one.
6. Jessica – If for some reason Cole wins immunity, it makes sense to target his #1 ally.
Unfortunately, tonight’s show did not exactly offer up too much in the way of hints as to what’s coming at the merge right now, but we would say that the person possibly in the best spot right now is Devon. He’s smarter than people are aware of, he is not the strategic target that Ryan is, and he’s made another friend in Ashley. Nobody’s coming for him and he has the ability to win challenges. Of course, we do think that Ryan would beat him in the end if he makes it there so he may have a hard decision to make down the line.
What do you want to see at the merge, and who do you think is in the most trouble? Share below!
Also, take a look at this link to get some more Survivor coverage, including our review of Wednesday’s episode, and like us on Facebook for additional insight on the show and others we cover. (Photo: CBS.)
Want more TV news? Then sign up for the CarterMatt Newsletter!